View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen L View Post
Ive been off the metformin for 3 days, and sugar levels were ok.
2 hours after a meal, my sugar shot up to 150 the highest, but an hour later it was down to 90.
I started the new drug last night.
My physician is a stickler when it comes to his orders. He wants me on medication until the next visit in 6 weeks.
Hes been taking care of me for 20 years, so Ill continue on the meds until then.
Hi there, My name is Melody.

I just came upon this post and it brought me back in time when I went on Metformin. I could never leave the house until way after 1 p.m. I took 2000 a day. I was very obese and did not eat correctly. My brain did not get the light bulb moment.

But the metformin KILLED my stomach. Ran to the bathroom ALL the time. I know exactly what you went through.

What worked for me (and probably you don't need this because you seem to have a handle on your diet), was going off all oral meds and going on Lantus. One shot a day and that's it.

Started on Lantus about 7 years ago. And really began to watch what I put in my mouth about 2 years ago. Lost my weight, I grow what I eat (I"M a sprouter and I use a Vitamix)

Go on youtube and watch some Vitamix videos and see how what people eat and drink. You'll be amazed.

I also make a tea out of Fenugreek seeds and my sugar usually stays around 126 post prandial.

For me, I'd rather do one shot a day of Lantus (I take 16 units) and my tummy has never been better.

But I don't eat like I used to eat. I don't eat any refined carbs. No pasta, no bread. I eat mainly vegetarian but I do eat fish now and then.

For protein I LOVE Tempeh. I have grilled Tempeh on a salad and I think I could eat this way forever. I do not MISS anything I used to eat all those years ago.

Took me to get in my 60's to learn what to eat, how to eat and when to eat.

Baby steps my dear.

So good luck on your road to better health.

You're doing great.

The link to my youtube sprouting channel is underneath my signature. And the featured video is my husband using the Vitamix for the first time. You should have a good laugh.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote