View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 12:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Anyone know of anyone in their 80's surviving a hemorrhagic stroke ?

Hello Everyone, this is my very first post and I am so grateful to have found this message board... thank you for allowing me to join you all !
I am a 54 yr old Mom of 4, happily married and live in the Calif...
I joined to find out if anyone over 80 yrs has survived having a ruptured aneurysm in the brain and a hemorrhagic stroke ? My mother in law (she's 81) had one on Sept 25, 2011 and they did surgery on her. Dr said they took care of the bleeding and put a clip in, there was no swelling in the brain, she still is out of it...they said she opened her eyes a few times but the nurses said it was when they moved her (but to me it means she is still in there ! and keeps us hopeful) they did a tracheotomy and put her breathing tube there...she just got the drain from her head removed, she has a PEG in for food, she's all swollen, they said she can breathe on her own but is very weak so they still keep her on a respirator and they said she is stable and was planning to transfer her to a long term acute care but today they said she developed an infection so they are keeping her (she's at Stanford).
I was hoping to hear about any other over 80 survivor and how long you were unconscious before waking up (it's been a little over 2 weeks now) I just want to know if there is still hope for her....we are so worried, please help me, I've been trying to find info all over the internet and then came up on this site !!! thank you very much !
magicalstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote