View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 01:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
Sorry to hear you got RSD. The good news is if you find out in the first 6 months 90% of people can get rid of it. Try not to put too much stock into the temperature difference. There are many causes of that and it is just one small piece of diagnosing RSD. The temp difference in and of itself is not dangerous. You want to ask for a 3 month plan. Ask them what the goals are for 3 month. Most important thing it PT Use your limbs and unless you have a fracture or injury try not to imoblize or favor it. Most of the " crippling" you hear about iwth RSD is from disuse. The wasting of muscle, spasms.... all of that would happen to anyone who stopped using a limb normally regardless of a pain syndrome. RSD is basically phantom limb pain so you can and should ask for nerve blocks. An early diagnosis and a good thing!
Stay on top of the doc's to get started on the PT and blocks. Try to stay away from narcotics if you can for now. You want to have some choices if you go past 6 months with no relief. I am sure others wil be along with more to add. I have had this since I was 3 and I am a married mom of 2 now. It isn't a death sentence so stay positive! I also reccomend seeing a chronic pain therapist just to help you stay on an even keel while you treat it. Blessngs
mommyjen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote