View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concoulor3 View Post
Sorry you had a bad night. Are you feeling better now?

Have you looked into Feldenkrais, Egoscue or Postural restoration techniques to help mobilize your hips and back? It's important to make small strides and gain range of motion slowly.

I am curious if you regret the Sx, as I am facing it in less than a month.
Not sure how I feel at the mo??????????
Scarring is bothering me (achy and a slight redness seems to be appearing above the edge of one of them) but I know in my heart that it was best to get it done. Arterial/Venous occlusion on that one side at least, has been released - so I do get a sense of relief from that. Risk of aneursyms scares me more than possible nerve damage from op. I'm living proof that neurological symptoms can and do subside.
I ONLY CONSENTED TO THIS OP BECAUSE OF THE OCCLUSIONS.
I guess I've been hit by post op depression?
I know what I need to focus on to feel better ..... its just abit tough to find the motivation to actually work on myself!
On top of it all I'm actually abit embarrassed about the depressive feelings. I'm seeing my doc tomorrow so I guess I have alot to discuss with him.... not that it will do much good though, he's quite dismissive. I feel like shouting out loud... "hey creep my symptoms ain't fictious, I know what I'm feeling!!!!!"
Thanks for the postural tips. Chroma has also mentioned Egoscue, thats new to me so shall look into it.
Your support has helped to make me try to refocus on recovery instead of focussing on the aches and pains.
Best wishes to you.
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote