View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I had a Chiari decompression in 2004 and did very well until until a couple of years ago at which time I began having headaches. A couple of months ago I had a sudden onset of severe nausea. It was so severe that I couldn't raise
my head off the bed for a couple of hours, however, after that it eased off some. Since that time I have had constant nausea of varying degrees. I have had the usual sonagrams, hidascans, and yesterday I had a colonoscopy and EGD (finding nothing abnormal). The EGD did show some erosive gastritis which could cause the nausea, but also could be caused by the nausea. I think if the gastrits was the cause of the nausea the onset would have been slower. Anyway these chiaris being such strange bedfellows I thought I would look online to see if I could find anyone else with a similar problem and I found you guys. If you don't mind I would like to stay in communication with you to keep up with your treatment and progress of your nausea. So little is actually known long term about these things that we need to help each other if we can. When I first learned about my chiari in the late 1980's, no one even knew what they were and there was no way to obtain any significant info about even in medical libraries. So the education has come a long way in the last few years but it still has a long way to go. If you would like to maintain a connection with me just reply to me and I will send you my e-mail address so we don't lose touch. Dee
teddysplace@hotmail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote