View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=Sasha;814183]

Lindy, you asked about the walking - if I get physically tired, I may have a day that I can't walk without walker, or I just use a wheelchair - then I'm fine with some rest and that wonderful commodity, sleep. With this medication reaction, however, my legs feel like they weigh a thousand pounds each and I just can't control them - I stand there, shaking all over, rooted to the floor, sweating profusely, trying without success to drag one leg forward so I can progress across the room - turns out that crawling is more efficient. Makes getting to the bathroom a real nailbiting adventrue. (QUOTE)

Sasha - what you have described is exactly what I experience. Except i am more often better in the mornings
In the spirit of the Neurotalk civil scientists doing white rat experiments on themselves: This morning i took sinemet at 5 a.m., and had the full bad reaction --- but I waited til 7:30 a.m. to take mirapex and selegilene - and i got the full bad reaction again. So it seems not to be the sinemet itself. I get the doomed feeling that my body is rejecting the drugs.
But as always, with this disease they can't even categorize properly, there are more variables than certainties - i have been very tired, i have had an infection, and i have been under enough stress to fall down like one of Montreal's bridges. Rick, especially, has pointed out how those things can turn you into a basket case when you have PD.
I thought of Salvelo, but my neuro and the general public consider that the three hallucinogens i am already taking are more than enough for the public security agencies to handle, and they want me to increase sinemet and decrease mirapex. But that's just me

what''s up with sinemet CR controlled release. \if this is just fluctuations?

But why, it was always as Ron said - 30 minutes to relief - then in one day switched to bad reaction AFTER taking drug.
sometimes seems just the taste of the drug on my tongue sets me off

Figure i must have busted a valve somewhere
Something unplugged itself and wandered off
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (10-13-2011)