View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I took it almost every day.... there were many allergens in my workplace...sulfa and penicillin etc.

Thinking back, I don't know how much it really did do. But I was getting pretty down at times...but the job was doing that to me too.

It was heavily promoted to children. I used to get lots of Rxs for kids. More so than adults.
So what did you end up taking for your allergies? So far I've tried Zyrtec, Claritin, and Benadryl. Flonase for my nasal passages, which I stopped as it seems it was making things worse. I upped my Neti pot up to twice a day. I like the Claritin best as it doesn't make me groggy and doesn't interact with any of my other meds. The Neti pot is great but I don't know how many times a day I can use it. I do have Zantac and thought of that as well as that is a histamine blocker but I'm not sure if it would be anymore effective than the Claritin.

BTW - I tried the shots before and stopped as I was working and it was taking up a lot of time. I went 3 times a week, 4 different shots per time and then you have to sit there for 1/2 hour afterward. That 1 hour lunch went by fast! I know that eventually it would have dropped down to 2 times a week and then once a week, etc. but I didn't have the nicest boss at the time and when she wanted me there, she wanted me there even if it meant cancelling my appointment and/or taking a different lunch time.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-13-2011), SallyC (10-12-2011)