View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Need some input before I buy a wi fi adaptor

Okay, I am just about ready to go to Radio Shack and for $20 and change, buy a USB wi fi adaptor. I know it comes with a cd rom thing

I have two drives in my old computer. The lightscribe dvd drive does not work. The cd rom drive works fine. I tested it the other day.

I just want to make sure that the cd thing that comes with the wi fi usb adaptor, well that it goes in the cd drive and not the other non-working one.

As soon as someone writes

Melody go and get the wi fi adaptor and stick the cd in the cd rom thing, then off I will go.

I contacted the girl upstairs and told her that if she sees someone using her router, that it will be me, that I'm just spreading my wi fi wings and I wanted to run it by her (before I buy my own router).

She laughed and said "sure, no problem"

So I just might be doing wi fi this week.
Wouldn't that be cool??

lol

Melody
P.S. Here's another of my stupid questions. When I do eventually buy a router, does the router have to be configured to work with the modem it's attached to?

Let's say for example, that I buy a router and I hook it up. (I assume this has a cd too?) So do I set up the router to work on my new computer, and THEN I go into the other room and configure the wi fi thing?

Did I get this right?

And I have another stupid question. On my old computer (in the other room), like I indicated before, I have two drives. A dvd drive and a cd rom drive.

On my NEW computer, there is only one drive. It's a SuperMulti DVD burner.

I assume this also plays cd's???

Just checking.

And thanks.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote