Thread: Bad day
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
There is very little the doctor you saw at the hospital can do, much less any other doctor. When you have those "Where's the butter?" episodes, think of this. It is your brain farting. The whole brain fart scenario is: It stinks. You know it came from your brain. But, you have no idea how it got out.

We have to get a sense of humor and learn to let go and laugh at the situation. The stress of getting frustrated only makes it worse.

I have to stop to think sometimes, just to remember my wife's name. We've been married 31 years.

My most common brain fart is saying "ouch" when I am straining to do a task that requires physical strength, like opening a new jar of spaghetti sauce. There was no pain involved. The groan comes out as ouch. Ya just gotta laugh.

Like putting the milk in the cupboard or picking up a toothbrush to brush my hair.

We should start a thread about the various brain farts. It would be a laugh riot.

Mark-I can't tell you how many times I've "brain-farted" over the past couple of months. It is ridiculous. And you are right-and I honestly usually do have a pretty good sense of humor about the whole thing. Fact of the matter is-I'm really lucky. There was an ambulance sitting stationary that saw the accident, my best guy friends were a couple of minutes behind me-and they are firefighters/emts/paramedics and I got the absolute best care possible from the minute the accident happened as far as "personal" care.

I've blamed everything from forgetting to shower to buying ice cream to dain bramage. Today was just a really bad day. I try not to have many of those.
I have lots of other such brain farts.

I agree about the post for brain farts-matter of fact, I'll give a freebie. Yesterday, not only did I call my grandson the dog's name, I followed up with the second dog's name before I finally got to him!!!
tamisue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Katiebell (10-13-2011)