View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Feel for you Mstrplmbr!!

ANYONE with an ounce of compassion in their soul would reach out in prayer for you. So much anguish over an occurrence which lasted, what, maybe 15 or 20 seconds? So much damage. Just so much to handle.

I lost portions of my memory due to the concussion- people I could not recall, numbers known second nature to me---- gone, family memories vanished. Yours seems SO HARD to have endured. If TENS did no effect for you, I wonder whether an Interferential Stimulator [a so called TENS unit on steroids] might demonstrate any effect. I used one for about a year and a half along with myriad meds before doc said I had found the end of the road treatment wise and recommended consideration of SCS. He noted the Interferential Stimulator had been of help to me [but the ding dang things only carry about an hour and a half of charge then require a lnog recharge cycle].

One thing that is beneficial about the SCS approach is the Trial surgery which provides every potential candidate an opportunity to learn first hand whether the device can be of benefit. The rubric is gotta have at least 50% improvement in pain management while still on pain meds during the Trial to discern whether it might do the trick. Trial lasts about a week in the U.S. and is far lower risk than going full bore for the permanent implant.

You've read my thread. Know what the SCS has done for me, but the stories on this forum range from me to those who have had them removed because of failure. Every attempt is an opportunity for success or a stage for failure, but then not trying at least a Trial always would leave a potential candidate with the perpetual "what if" question..... I suppose this is why I tried it in the first place. Though I feared the surgery, I also feared living on meds the rest of my life, and gotta remind you, that is quite a limitation on life. My perception in my case was it was not much of a life at all..... so I gave it a go.

Not selling any stim products here, just giving my two cents worth. You never know whether you can fly until you sit in the pilot's seat and take the run down the runway applying power until rotation brings you away from the earth into the ability to soar with the birds [I know that feeling in both prop and jet aircraft... and it is a real kick in the pants].

Can you take back part of the life which pain has stolen from you? Maybe so,
I am doing it,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ron h (10-13-2011), Rrae (10-14-2011), Sophie_ (10-29-2011)