View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecyn View Post
Bless your heart!

Your surgery was invasive so allow your body, mind and soul time to heal.
Even with your addition hip issues, the posture from post op could be contributing to all. Right now use the floor for light stretches, meditation and breathing. It will be your best friend. Then graduate to swim therapy.

PACE YOURSELF

What helps
1. Behavoir modification: meditation, visualization, hypnotherapy, learning to breathe... thru pain, learning to say no
2. Move: the better TOS docs & PT therapists say move. Swim, biking, floor stretches always moving each area especially when in pain
3. Learning to "live with TOS" instead of it controlling you. Learning to let go
4. Allowing Time: time to heal, time to educate yourself, time to find what works for you may not work for me, time to find the perfect TOS professional for you
5. Finding your nitch with TOS: work, extracirricular, daily living, family, friends, and most rewarding finding that smile once again. What makes you smile, laugh, happy, finding peace
Thank you olecyn,
The funny thing is I'm very good at sending out supportive advice and suggestions to others but not taking them on board myself
I should prehaps take note of my own mantra: POSITIVE,PATIENCE and POSTURE.
Best wishes to you too!
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote