View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 02:43 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I do agree that the nasal steroids are not really effective, and I think way over done and over promoted.

There is an OTC product hubby used for a while...NasalCrom.
This blocks histamine from mast cells...and is not a steroid.

But it is expensive. Hubby has worse nasal allergies than I do. I had allergy shots in my 20's and that helped me quite a bit. It wasn't much fun...and I had reactions all the time. So I quit after 3 yrs. Hubby finds taking Chlorpheniramine at night and on bad days, Allegra, during the day helps. I also make him use the grapeseed, during spring when he seems the worst. Both of us had a heavy season this year with all the rain we had..molds!

Boil that water for a long time. The organism in tap water is hard to kill...it is related to TB...and as such has a very heavy cell wall, and can survive well under many conditions, and that is why it is so prevalent in tap water. It is also a skin contaminant in wounds, surgical procedures and acne. It shows up in cheap botched office plastic surgery patients, for example. This organism is resistant to most antibiotics.

I consider the nose very important as a portal for disease and chemical toxicity. This path to the brain is quite distinct and fast.
Not to be gross, but, the amoeba thing from swimming in ponds/stagnant water, gets into the brain quickly thru the nose and kills the person ..no treatment for it available. This got alot of publicity in Texas and Florida in the recent years.
This is one of many incidents recently:
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/0...a-teens-death/
Seems to becoming more common in many states, but perhaps it is just medical communication being more efficient?

When you buy a nasal product in the stores, they are all made with sterile procedures, and people don't understand this as a rule.

Just be really careful.

Edit--- I just found this article describing a nasal product to deliver small amounts of insulin to the brain for Alzheimer's...
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/alz.../AN01956/rss=1
This illustrates the nose as a portal directly to the brain.
(low insulin in the brain is implicated in Alzheimer patients. The brain actually makes insulin because our body insulin does not cross the blood brain barrier. Low insulin in the brain is now called Type 3 diabetes.)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-13-2011), EddieF (10-16-2011), tkrik (10-13-2011)