Thread: Doggie question
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You
I was wondering what the consequences would be if I blew a whistle if a strange dog approached me. Would it chase him off? Would it TICK him off and make him more apt to hassle me?
There is no way to predict the behavior of a strange dog. Period.

IMO, the best thing to do is report these dogs to your local animal control officer. Leash laws have been enacted all over for good reason. You are not a bad person or heartless for doing so; you are protecting yourself, other humans (children, elderly, disabled...) who may not be able to handle the situation, and the dogs themselves from being hit by cars, shot, poisoned, trapped, etc.

I've done it myself on several occasions. If my dog got away, I would THANK someone for caring enough to protect my dog by having him picked up rather than risking all the hazards that could befall the little numbskull.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (10-13-2011)