View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Everyone is different. My husband will not use anything else at night.. Chlorpheniramine (The Brand is ChlorTrimeton)! It is available at WalMart for about 3 cents a pill. If they ever stop carrying it he will have a FIT. It is not long acting, but he doesn't seem to mind.

This year he was so bad, I got the Allegra for him for the daytime, and he said it worked "some".

Everyone is different. And I think tolerance is common too.
Thanks for your help mrsD! I'm going to have DD21 get me one of the otc saline sprays as well. They probably easier and just as effective as the Neti pot. I wake up with dry and irritate nasal passages.

It's true, what works for some may not work for others. Plus, I take other meds and the Zyrtec may not "agree" with my meds.

BTW - My massage therapist comes today and I'll have her do extra work on the sinus area. Believe it or not, after she does it I feel and breath better and the nasal passages start to open up and clear. I was surprised the 1st time she did it. I had never heard of a sinus massage and didn't think it would work but tried it anyhow.

Last edited by tkrik; 10-13-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: addition
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-13-2011)