Thread: Loosen Up!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 06:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I got a balance ball. Right now, we are still in the phase I like to call "Bonding" after we had an 'oopsie' with the Ball and Resistance Kit (ball to face accident).

My Therapist is going to show me a better way to use it since I have balance problems (severe midline shift to the right, unstable gait - I think I spelled that wrong, too!).

Amazing as it is, I live less than a mile from the ocean and never get to go. I always have to ask people to go with me, or ask for a ride (I can't walk that far without putting myself at risk).

I like to play with my dogs in the yard, chasing them is like having a gym membership!

This, however, has opened my eyes up a lot and I know I need to take better care of myself (mentally). I was so afraid to 'drop' in public that I was taking several grocery trips just to make sure I didn't over-do it. Each trip I was so tense you could bounce coins off of me.

*rolls neck*

This computer isn't much help, but I got a size up on a therapy ball and sit here on that wearing a back brace. It encourages good posture and helps with my balance, it also is so annoying I can't sit here too long!

Believe it or not, my mom is an Occupational Therapist and she'd kill me if she knew what I did to my neck!
Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote