Thread: Bad day
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamisue View Post
Today has been much better! Thanks everybody. Some chocolate ice cream and some new shoes sure make a gal a bit more fun to be around.

Seriously, I have tried amitriptyline in the past and it kept me up ALL night. It was horrible. I have taken Ambien-and those I broke in half and only took half. I just need to get to sleep, once I'm there I'm ok.

I don't know how much of symptoms returning I can stand. I'm already foggy sometimes and that is very uncomfortable. It's like standing somewhere you've been 1000 times and not recognizing one thing. If the vertigo came back like in the beginning, I'm afraid I'd have to stick my head in the oven...yeah, it was that bad. But, no, I wouldn't. I have cute new shoes to wear!

I'm trying my best to be positive. I have always been a Pollyanna, but this adventure has been trying, even for me. It is just so dang hard to accept limitations and try to cope. I have been so stinking independent for my entire life. I raised two beautiful daughters as a single parent, and I've accomplished everything I've ever really set my mind to...but now I can't remember the word horn...instead I told my daughter to "beep!!!!!" today at someone trying to come into her lane. Very bitter medicine my friends, very bitter indeed.
Im on Nortriptyline and when i was back at work for those 2 months, i would take it at 11pm and finish my night shift with no sleepiness from it. It doesnt make me sleepy at all. At bedtime i take the nortriptyline and temazepam or ambien to sleep. Ive had insomnia forever though.

i know where you are at with your frustration and being bummed out. I've been crying for the past 2 weeks and cant get out of my funk if i tried. My family lives on the opposite coast and really doesnt care all that much about whats going on with me, my friends all walked away because i cant party with them or im too depressing to be around, my roommate is definetly sick of me, my girlfriends from work are all busy working nights and im missing that social aspect, and the few friends that are long distance call here and there. Its so lonely and sometimes i wonder how much longer i can hold on and wait to get better when im just being swallowed up inside by this PCS. Depressing...i know. sorry!
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote