View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

After 8 years of WC approving Lidoderm patches they've now started denying my refills. I believe I've stopped several instances of RSD spread from minor traumas in part by having them as part of my arsenal of pain fighting weapons. To me, it seems petty on their part. As well as being penny wise and pound foolish.

It seems to me that in both cases, this is just a matter of them latching on to any excuse possible to deny hundreds or thousands of patients? Even one months denial on meds that cost hundred of dollars starts racking up a small fortune. And many patients won't pursue the matter further...

I apologize for going off topic, but I'm curious what your opinion is on this matter...

I try not to get cynical about these kind of things, but it is frustrating. I ran into a homeless man yesterday that helped me with my cart in a parking lot one time. He is Schizophrenic, and it is very apparent, very quickly, that he has a severe pysch disorder. He was denied SSD. Maybe he was medicated at the time or whatever, but it seems like all the safeguards that use to be in place to care for those that are the most needy, are gone.

As a society we've chosen to sacrifice the quality of life of some of our most needy citizens due to their financial burden. Insurance companies might feel justified to deny our meds or treatment, but I continue to struggle with the ethical implications of their doing so.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote