View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Advice needed for treatment of an aneurysm!!

Hi All!
I am in a not so great situation and I need to do something about it but I am not sure which path to take...
In 2007 I had a brain hemorrhage from an aneurysm bleeding, they tried to coil it but found it too risky so I ended up getting brain surgery to get it clipped. While clipping it they found another bubble but they weren't sure it was an aneurysm and they didn't want to take the risk and clip it as it has an atery coming out of the end of it so they considered the risk too high as they don't know what that atery controls.
Since this time I have had regular angiograms to check if they bubble is growing.
I have just been informed that it has grown and is now 7mm in size.
Problem is that because it has an atery coming out the end I don't know what to do...
My Neurosurgeon has told me if I get brain surgery I have a 30% chance of the aneurysm will rupture which will mean they will have to clip the entire aneurysm which will mean blood won't flow through to the atery...
The other option is stents which is done through an angiogram. Problem with this option is I think there are a few more risks for the future e.g. What if not enough blood flows through the stint, have to be on blood thinners for the rest of my life which leads to miscarriages...
I think the aneurysm can reappear also.
I just don't know what to do...
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Shannyn
Moonie81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote