Thread: Wondering
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 06:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wondering

Maybe I'm wrong, but I am a bit shocked that the Fox Foundation, as of last night, still has NO mention of Dr. Jannetta's amazing discovery of the connection between vascular compression and PD. Jannetta is applying for funding for clinical trials and he is world-reknowned for his work, yet not one word on the Fox site about either the woman whose PD miraculously disappeared after vascular decompression surgery for TN or the pilot study where 78% of the PWP were found to have compression of one or both penduncles. Jannetta's work is definitely "out of the box" thinking which I thought FF went after. Yet no mention of it on the site anywhere that I can find.

When the "high levels or uric acid" were "linked to PD", this was given notable discussion on the site and that was only something like 20%. Same with pesticides, farming, manganese, etc. At least one of the other major PD foundations has/had it on their front page, I think it was the Northwest Parkinson's Association, not sure.

Given the potential, and the fact that you could see rather immediately whether Jannetta's procedure worked on a large scale, I don't understand why it's not even mentioned. Funding from Fox for Jannetta could ensure that a trial started quickly, and from what I understand, Jannetta's office has been literally inundated with calls from people everywhere, so there'd be no shortage of PWP who would be willing to participate, right now.

Anyone know anything?
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote