View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

If you delayed or declined these drugs at first, do you regret it?

I did not delay, I jumped on the fastest moment I could. I went straight on Betaseron. Many reasons, but felt it was the drug for me. 3 month blood work revealed my liver enzymes were soaring! I set a clinic record. I was yanked. Forced them to give me 2 weeks off, and then started on Copaxone. Took a full year or longer for it to start to work on me. After year 3 I was begging them to take me off it. I felt sick. I couldnt think. I had huge dents in my thighs and arms and belly from the injections. I had reaction after reaction, but they just kept pushing me. I was told how ill I would be if I refused the meds, and the rates of those who take meds, vs those who dont and I felt worse and worse.

I did regret taking them

Long story short I quit. I did my own research. The drugs were making me way sicker than MS ever could. Now, thats not to say that MS wont raise its head and smack me silly, but FOR ME and I cant stress that enough FOR ME! DMDs were not the answer.

What do I do instead of DMDs

its hard work to not take the DMDs because you have to accept responsibility for your choice. I eat right, I exercise. I eat a clean diet (the makers diet) and I eat small portions. I watch my weight (30 pounds lost!) and I exercise EVERYDAY! even on days when I dont feel I can handle it. If I cant go out for a walk (the best exercise) I do Wii or arm lifts or chair exercises or Yoga. I try hard to keep my body limber and ready for that cure they keep promising. I see my MD every six months and have my MRI each year. I dont eat MSG or high fructose corn syrup, or high sodium, high sugar foods. I eat whole, raw, organic when I can, and when it needs to be cooked I pick the healthy choice. More fish than other stuff, and I take my suppliments.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose. Its a hard choice no matter which lane you pick. In the end you can only pick what is right for YOU and YOUR family.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-14-2011), dmplaura (10-14-2011), Kitty (10-16-2011), SallyC (10-14-2011), whoopdedeaux (10-15-2011)