View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 09:34 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Welcome to NT! I you will find lots of information and support here. I'm sorry about your definite dx. but know that you are not alone in what you are going through and we are here to help you through this.

As for your questions . . . I didn't delay in taking a DMD. I was dx in January 2006 and started C in March of 2006. I was on it until my prescription ran out. I have not been on it for several months and, quite frankly, I don't miss it at all. However, I question my decision as I seem to be having more symptoms. It could just be coincidental and I had a really bad flare almost a year ago that I'm finally coming out of. Also, there are other options available other than the DMD's. There are quite a few people on NT that take LDN. There are others that take oral meds, and others of us don't take anything. It comes down to a personal choice and given your other medical issues any meds will need careful consideration.

If I were your friend, I would never tell you that you are dumb as a box. I would tell you to consider each option and pick what is going to be best for you. Each of us is different and we react differently to medications. Research, learn, talk with your dr., and then make a decision.

Good luck with your neuro appt. Let us know how it goes.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (10-14-2011), Kitty (10-16-2011), SallyC (10-14-2011), whoopdedeaux (10-15-2011)