View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 10:45 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Whoopddo. I was 1st DXed in 1975 and had my 1st symptoms in 1964.. The only available med was Prednizone and they gave me small doses of that to take, for awhile. It didn't faze my MS.

I went into a full remission and deniel for 17 years. The MS came back with a vengence in 1993. I did 3 days of IVSM, in the hospital. I chose not to jump on Beta, at the time, but later tried Avonex and Copaxone for 7 mos & 10 mos, concluscively...Didn't work for me.

The only med I regret not starting earlier is LDN, which I am on now since 2003. It has helped halt the radical proggression of disabiliy. And it improves my QOL!

MS is an idividual disease with diff. causes/triggers and many of us do not respond to them, other than making us feel sicker, and yet the NMSS heavily suggests that we start on a DMD as early as possible.

If a DMD were available to me in 1976, the Docs would have attributed my long remission to the DMD. But MS does it's own thing and I don't think any of the DMDs can stop it.

The choice is yours, don't be bullied into choosing yes, if your better judgement says no.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-14-2011), dmplaura (10-14-2011), Kitty (10-16-2011), whoopdedeaux (10-15-2011)