View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gday View Post
LIT LOVE, SSDI could pay more depending on the parents income. What EducatedAsylum is worried about is losing the SSDI not being able to get it back & becoming homeless. Just because you are a full time student, doesn't mean you are not disabled or can do work. I am not referring to schools that let you take a work course that pays yous & gives you credit. He is not working the system. My son could be on the computer 24/7 but that doesn't mean his not disabled. People were certain mental disabilities are really geniuses but because of the disability there are not high IQ & the can't socialize or get along with people or can't hold jobs. They might do good or bad in school.
Someone completing graduate level course work is not the same scenario as your son receiving Voc Rehab training. And again, SS will consider the type of education being pursued as a factor in determining if a disability is ongoing. Someone successfully participating in high level course work will likely be considered to be able to manage sedentary work at the SGA level. The poster acknowledged that if he/she is forced to account for the time period while finishing their degree, that they fear their benefits will be terminated. The questions in the long form CDR will expose the activity.

I attended college, one class a semester, with accomodations, during my application. I knew it would make my approval more difficult, and it did. I can guarantee I would have been denied if I could have managed to attend full time, let alone a full-time graduate program. And the ALJ did try to argue that 3 hours a week in the classroom was an indicator of my being capable of substantial activity. The fact that my coursework didn't require the standard amount of reading and homework expected for college level work, was an important issue.

You're reading parts of SSA's rules and regulations and making assumptions that are incorrect. Moving to Ecudor, for example, will have zero effect on someone's continuing benefits.

Last edited by LIT LOVE; 10-14-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: clarification
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote