View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You mixing up my postings. The Ecuador part is so my son can be his own payee. He doesn't want a payee. I can see him getting not getting along with his new payee when I die. We don't get along sometimes but he is my son. I will take care of him. I Have told him. When he turns 65, he would be eligible for SSI without being disabled. He could waive his SSDI he will get from his Dad or Me. It might be better for him to do that. He possible could get more help that way. That if he decides stay in the county & still have those programs. Even if they don't, there are still some places that base it on your income.

We were told by a Social Security worker & Vocation Rehab worker, school or training unless paid would never be counted against your disability. Some paid training is excluded by Federal law. However, this was several years ago. I wasn't talking about vocational rehab. Vocational rehab can help you pay for college using the Pell grant.

Just because your disabled, doesn't mean you can't go to school. He actual wants to work but I told him no unless congress messes it up or get a large pay. He has tried to get good paying jobs that pay $14.00 an hour but it requires experience which he has none.

Social Security needs to follow their own rules. They don't even test people correctly. SSI & Some SS, SSDI pay way to low. They need to be raised up more. SS, SSDI or SSI should be raised to above the poverty level per individual not household.

Myself, In my opinion Social Security is violating their own rule by clamming going to school is substantial gainful work. I don't see why the lawyers don't notice this. The ALJ should of notice that to. This is why I said contact the congressmen. Government agencies shouldn't be able to violate their own rules.

It may help people wanting to going to college get the pell grant first. Then it should be much harder for Social Security to stop the payments until the person got a job.

Last edited by gday; 10-14-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Updating
gday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote