View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 03:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsmith1984 View Post
Thanks everybody, I'm glad I'm not alone...

Do you guys have days where you wake up and feel just fine, and then all of a sudden it takes a turn for the worse and your symptoms come back? That's what happened to me today. I thought everything was okay and I was feeling better, then all of a sudden after I made lunch, I get smacked in the face with dizziness, my body feels like it's leaning to the right, poor concentration, panic attack [because of the symptoms?], coordination is off in my right arm, tingling in my head.... Ugh. It's really scary, sometimes I feel like I should call 911 ...

And about the insurance.. I'm thinking about applying for disability. They usually offer insurance. About school, yes and no. I just enrolled in Pima Medical Institute to become a Dental Assistant, but I honestly think I'm going to have to wait till I'm better to start.

Wish this would go away
You will definetly have days that are better than others. The simplest thing may set you off and may take you hours or days to recover. Like making lunch....the whole process that goes into initiating, planning, hand eye coordination, physical act of doing it....you are using your brain to do all that... and it can exhaust you.

Definelty apply for disability if your state offers it. Pima....if that is in California then you can qualify for disability. It takes into account what you made for wages the past year to decide what your disability benefits are.

You should most certainly purchase some health insurance because the medications, doctors visits, MRI's etc, will cost a lot and you need insurance to cover some of those. I had to apply for Cobra from my employer because i am no longer covered by the insurance i had....so i have to pay $650 for my insurance a month to keep my old insurance while im on disability.

I also would be worried about the fact that you havent had any imaging done since your hospitalization. You never said if they had to evacuate the left frontal Subdural hematoma so it makes me wonder if that is slowly growing and causing some of your symptoms. Especially if you are taking any aspirin products for your pain relief. An MRI would be a big priority of your head and neck in my opinion. It sucks that you dont have health insurance....but remember you only have one brain. Good luck to you!
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SpaceCadet (01-10-2012)