View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:27 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Hi, everybody:

I am a disabled single mother with an adopted two-year-old baby boy. I have a police officer boyfriend, but he is still in the U.S. and he is trying to come to French Polynesia so the three of us can live together, love and support each other, and just be happy together.

My main disabilities are generalized internal chronic RSD, hypothyroiditis, epilepsy, and asthma. To me, there are five hardest parts to being disabled and to being a parent:

1) It breaks my heart sooo much to see my two-year-old baby boy suffering physically and emotionally from such a horrible disability as Cystic Fibrosis. He almost died so many times I lost count. Fortunately, I was able to get him a transplant of one heart, two lungs, and two kidneys. I was told by the surgeons who operated on him that it was very rare for someone his age to get the transplants on time, that is, before his disability takes him to a better world.

2) I cannot always do all the activities I would want to do with my little treasure, whether it is because of his transplants or because of my own disabilities.

3) I do not always know how to reassure my baby when he sees me suffering physically and emotionally so much because of my disabilities, especially my generalized internal chronic RSD and hypothyroiditis. Epilepsy and asthma are not so hard on me.

4) I and my son feel rejected by some non-disabled parents and their kids, as if I and my son were going to contaminate them, even though none of our disabilities are contagious.

5) I have to live, 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, in fear that CPS will come and steal my child.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote