View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 10:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blank

Wow! Thanks, everyone for all of the suggestions. It will take me a while to work my way through all of these.

I'm been pretty mobile most of the day (with about a 2 hour off after some afternoon medication).

Here's what I've done since last night: I took a mg of klonopin as I was very stressed. Yes, I know that can be problematic, but I'm already addicted to Sinement, so what's one more? :-) Seriously - I reasoned that if the muscles locked down experience I was having was due to stress, Klonopin would help. And it did. So stress is a factor. I did some stretches. I dug out my neglected supplements and took one of each. I listened to a meditation tape. Got some sleep.

Today a friend gave me a ride to our Tai Chi class (me in a wheelchair) and then to physical therapy where my PT spent an hour fussing about how spasmed my muscles are. I made an apppointment to see the PT who specializes in neuro, esp. Parkinson's, next week.

I have a small notebook and I've been keeping a record of when and what I take in the way of meds, as I do tend to forget or take an extra, etc. No I don't generally take at night. I think I definitely need to get a pill splitter and a pill box with alarm - or else, I hear there is a function on my phone (Droid) that will bo that. Of course, I would have to learn how to use the phone first.

made it up, how do I find out the batch number on a bottle of medication? Unfortunately, neither my insurance or my pharmcy will let me buy more meds until the computer gives permission, but that's not too far away.

... as a med becomes toxic (as in you are taking too much) paradoxically you will get symptoms very much like the ones you are treating and then some. Since being off work, I have lowered my Sinemet intake 2-3 pills a day and feel much better and less stress over-reaction.: - Conductor 71
I really agree that this is a good idea. My dr. did raise my meds rather quickly recently - because I think I was already experiencing some offs. Now I have offs coming and going plus dyskinesia . This is nuts. Backing down on the dose some is definitely worth trying. As are all the other suggestions you all have given me from Stalevo to dissolving meds in water, etc. Ron, where do you get Mucuna Pruriens? I can probably do a search for it? And, Bob, I can see we have similar outlooks: Throw the book at the monster. I'm just trying to change only one thing at a time (plus dusting off all the older interventions) to see if I can narrow it down.

I seem to remember that all of this started when various docs added 4 new meds to my line-up at the same time...I ended up quitting 3 of them as I was having all kinds of crazy symptoms. Managing the PD and the medication collection is a full time job.

I'm thinking maybe I have a "wearing on" situation since it gets worse when I take a new dose, and tends to dissapate after an hour or so,- where did that term "wearing on" come from? Anyone remember? I want to run it by my neuro and need to sound a little credible. Footnotes help, I've learned.

HOpe everyone else is doing well and holding the beast at bay as much as possible.
Sasha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote