View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 12:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright&Dark86 View Post
On Wednesday I finally went to see my new neurologist. She said that I do have PCS as I expected. She checked my reflexes and found no abnormalities and actually said that it would be a bigger red flag for my reflexes to be super strong rather than weak. That was a relief. She also said that I don't need to have an MRI because it will most likely be negative and I shouldn't have any CT scans for a while since I've had too many in the past 2 years.

She suggested physical therapy to strengthen my neck muscles and hopefully decrease the number of tension headaches I seem to be having. She also prescribed a muscle relaxer (Flexeril) for me to take for the next 3 weeks or so to see if that helps. The only thing that makes me slightly skeptical about the effectiveness of the medication is that there is a sticker on the prescription bottle that says that the medication can cause headaches and dizziness. Aren't those issues exactly what I'm trying to treat? Still, I'm willing to try anything so I'll see how it goes.

Thank you so much everyone for your support and replies!

Nightnurse: That's awesome that you're from MA too. I live near Newton and I've been going to Newton-Wellesley for all of my appointments. I know Brigham and Women's is great and I kinda wish I could go there or MGH for my care but unfortunately its too far of a hike for me.

I'm glad you're feeling better since taking a break from work!
i would be leary of flexeril in a pcs case. make sure that when you take it, you are not going to do anything that day. no driving. Flexeril tends to knock people out for a good chunk of time 6-12 hours. Especially if it is combined with a narcotic or sleep medicine. Dont take it during the day time if you plan on getting things done. What about elavil? have you tried that?
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote