Thread: A Bit Humor
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 08:45 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

A platoon of soldiers in Iraq were pulled off the line for a weeks R&R; it was still desert, but safe enough so people could wander off and get some alone time. One soldier was strolling along when he saw what looked like an ancient earthen-ware bottle. He picked it up and brushed the sand away.

Suddenly there was a popping sound and a whoosh of air, then a djini dressed in satin, puffy clothes plopped down on the ground. He flexed his arms and legs, rubbed a sore calf, then said:

"I''ve been in that bottle for more than 3,000 years and at last I'm free. I don't know if you know the rules, but for letting me out I have to give you one wish. I wish I could do more, but that's it"

The soldier instantly whipped a map of the Middle-East from his pocket.

"I want peace here" he said excitedly, "Not just for me and my buddies, but for the world"

The djini stared at him. "Do you know what you're asking? This has been going on for thousands of years. I got stuck in that bottle because of it. It can't be done. Think of something else...please".

The soldier walked a few feet away, sat down and stared at his feet. What to do? He had been praying for peace in the region since before he joined the Army. Nothing was even close to his desire for peace. Finally, after 15 minutes, he stood up and walked back to the djini.

"I want my wife to wake up once a month with an unquenchable desire to make love to me for an hour. Once a month for the rest of my life".

The djini stared at him, then he walked a few feet away, sat down and stared at his feer. He didn't move for half an hour, then stood up and walked back to the soldier.

"Let me look at that map again".

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote