View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:59 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebell
I never realized how important human/dog companionship was until I got to know Zip.
That sounds a little like my wife. She grew up with several dogs (at different times) in the family, but to her family, dogs were just... dogs - like a piece of furniture - they were just there, and you had to feed & take care of them, but there was no personal "connection".

After we moved in together and got our first dog together, she saw how I interacted with the dog in a more personal way, and how training & working a dog builds that bond. She bought (and READ) a lot of dog books, and now she has her own special relationship with our dog(s) - different than mine in some ways (because all of us including the dog are individuals) and yes, it's really cool.

So, because dogs do love to please us (they live for it) if there's any way you can (in any way, even if modified), I encourage getting involved in some kind of training/activity/sport with Zip (Wiki link listed in previous post), and that bond will grow beyond your wildest imaginings.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote