View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Benefits can stop if someone shows significant medical improvement and going from needing a payee to not needing a payee shows some improvement. It may or not be considered significant medical improvement. But you can't have it both ways. You can't establish that he is now able to manage money and also say he is still as impaired as he was when he couldn't manage money. Doesn't mean he will be ceased when a CDR is done. SSA looks at the totality of the evidence.
Not true. Anyone can be trained and still have a disability. He is actually good & terrible with money. It is a true contradiction. I let him handle the checking a time or two. Not very good at that. I let him use a debit card. Very good at that. I still let him use the debit card to get our groceries. He also good with cash. I am going to let him handle my estate-even though there not much at all. I trust him. He does have problems saving receipts though.

Payees shouldn't exist unless you have a guardian or the beneficiary wants one.

There was also a mistake made by SSI. It should of been put in his name when he turned 18 or 21. It was not.
gday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote