View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 02:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I too am new to this thread. I have nerve pain throughout my body, its severity varies from minor to moderate. I also have problems with severe anxiety so whatever it is seems to have really compromised my nervous system. I've been this way for 10 years. I suffered the first 5 years with just ibuprofen. The last 5 years I've been on Lexapro, it has helped the anxiety but not the pain so much.

My GP has run a lot of blood work since 2001 when the symptoms started. I've had CBC, metabolic panel, calcium, heavy metals, CPK, Lipase, ANA, thyroid panel, Lyme, VIT D 25 OH, cortisol, urine tests for metanephrines & catecholamines, lipid panel, liver enzymes, liver and thyroid ultrasounds, abdominal CT, head MRI, electromylogram w/nerve velocity testing.. and probably a dozen more than I forgot to list. They're all normal. I am happy that everything looks good, but disappointed at the same time since I've suffered many years. My GP has all but given up on running any more tests.

I've seen 4 neurologists, even the head of neurology here at Ohio State University who said he'd never seen anything like it before. Neuropathies present with weakness and/or sensory distortions (numbness, etc). I can feel everything fine, I just have widespread pain.

I started a gluten-free diet about 5 days ago and will stick with it for 6 months and see if there is any improvement.
hojo70 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote