Thread: Always thirsty
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 03:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Tyson..

There is no way for you 'to know' about diabetes. It is remarkably like MG weakness....sugar hi and lows come on whenever, for however long, to whatever degree it wants.

A friend was recently hospitalized for a cardiac event and they 'discovered' diabetes. They took glucose readings every two hours 24/7 for three days to establish a baseline and to help determine what the insulin dosage and timing should be.

The most amazing thing was the baseline (no insulin) varied over 180 points within 24 hours (122 low to a bit over 300 high!!) No wonder his arteries were a mess and his heart on a roller coaster. As I'm sure you know...ideal is 80 - 100 on a fasting draw.

What ended up happening with your sharp pain that you went to internist for? Has anyone ever done a glucose tolerance test on you? They should have for your age and the amount of time on pred.

Finally, what's the update on insurance and your stem cell project. With so many medical things going on with you, it's got to be getting you down. Hang in there, and I hope so very much that things will take a major turn for the better for you.

PS
My friend has stabilized now after quad bypass, strict diet, consistent glucose monitoring and multiple insulin injections every day ... his new way of life.
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote