View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I understand what you're saying. As soon I heard "muscle relaxer" I got nervous. In my profession as a teacher, and I'm sure its the same for you as a nurse, it isn't great to be functioning at anything less than 100%. I was automatically opposed to this type of medication because I knew that I wouldn't be able to take it during the day and still expect to make it through work. The neurologist said that I should start with half a pill, take it 30 minutes before bed, and be sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. That plan makes me feel better but I know that I'm definitely going to wait until the weekend to start taking it. That way I'll be able to know for sure how it will affect me, without it affecting my work.

In regard to the Elavil that you mentioned, I have decided against taking any type of antidepressant again. In 2004 I was put on 10 different antidepressants within a year's time. I had a bad reaction to each one of them and decided it would be best to steer away from anything like that.
Bright&Dark86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote