View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

B&D,

The Flexaril has a half life of 18 hours. The earlier in the evening you take it, the less will be in your system during the day. It would likely be better to go to bed early and get up early so you have less in your system by the time your school day starts.

An important concept to remember with muscle relaxants is to be conscious of your posture at rest. You can make an injury worse of you rest in a position that allows your body weight to put strain on your neck or shoulders or an injured body part..

If you can, try to find a good position in bed where your whole body is supported in a good posture. If you can sleep in this position, you will have a better chance of letting your physical body heal.

It can take some time to get used to a thin pillow if you can sleep on your back or a very thick pillow so you can sleep on your side. Either one can help you maintain a straight neck position during your sleep.

My neck injury has been chronic since 2001. If I sleep with poor neck position, I will not get good rest and will have a very lousy day after.

Regarding the Elavil.. the dose for PCS issues is only 10 mgs, much less than the dose for depression. I can't imaging a year of trying 10 different anti-deprerssants. Your body never got a chance to clear the previous before being hit with the next.

You should seriously consider the nutritional supplements that are essential to getting the brain on a healing track. Not just a multi-vitamin or such. The injured brain often needs 4 to 10 times the RDA to help it purge the toxins.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote