View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default metformin

Hi Allen when i first got diabitis the doc put me on metformin and actos boy the metformin gave me a gut ache that i thot was going to kill me i have ibs too whatever that is the docs just use that name for any stomach problems that they dont know what is. But the metformin one pill was enough for me then a nurse a couple of months later talked me into trying another one and took my stomack pills with it the pain was worse this time than it was the first time i could feel the pill going thru taking the pain with it was terrible.......the only thing that helps my stomach pains when i get them is paragoric and when u ask the docs for that they come unglued they even start hollering how terrible that stuff is will kill ya they dont even make it anymore they start telling lies as fast as their mouths will move . but sometimes i doc will give me the smallest bottle made the bottle makes mini bottles look big but in twenty minutes my stomach ache will go away it is like a miricule cure...then i started reading about the actos and its sister med dont remember the name but it was proven that it causes major problems so i didnt want to take either one so then glipizine was used but it didnt do much so then i started on the injections it is by far better my biggest problems is i dont like the things i am supposed to eat. I dont know why they dont say dont eat anything good if ya dont like it that is what ya have to eat so needless to say my sugar always suck as so does my ac1 is always way to high...well thats my story and i am sticking to it so good luck with the metformin hope it dont kill u it would me....have a great day..Alan
rsdbadfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote