View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 02:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RSD and the SCS

Hi all if i had it to do over again i wouldnt get the scs i am very unhappy with mine it does help the pain some but i am still on the same amount of pain meds that i have always been on since i got to be the proud owner of my rsd. I remember reading everybodys posts before i got mine. Before i got the trial i told the doc that i had alot of scar tissue in my back from two previous surgeries but he said that wont be any problem at all cause i know what i am doing boy i thot what a arrogant attitude cause other doctors i had seen were all concerned about all the scar tissue. then i talked to them about haveing a nero surgeon put it in and was told they dont do it any more antheiogists are putting them all in at the hospital i was going to. well when it came time for the trial and he was trying to put it in i was yelling about how painful it was finally after twenty minutes of this pain i told him to stop i didnt want it i couldnt take it anymore. then he said well i might as well stop i cant bet it past the scar tissue boy that didnt make me feel good then he said well i can put it in this other way that will only hurt a little bit and i asked his how is that and he said thru the cottle and i asked what is a cottle and he said like i was a dumb ** well thats your tail bone so he put it it the tail bone and he was right it didnt hurt and the trial one helped the pain when i went to get the trial out he didnt show up for the appointment and there were about six people there this is a training hospital and they were there to see it removed well only person there that had ever seen one removed was a nurse and she pulled it out was her first but she said she had seen it dont many times ya just pull them out.

Well a week later with more reading about the scs problem i decided i didnt want my generator in the back i thot it would be uncomfortable and hard to charge the batteries so i tried to call him but he doesnt return calls so i had to make a appointment and drive clear down there just to talk to him about where to put the generator and i told him i wanted it up front in between the hip and bellybutton and he said ok. then the day came for the permenant one and when i was getting on the table i told him my tail bone was still hurting from the temp one and he said we will worry about that pain later lets put in this perm one first then he said on u wanted the batteries up front right and i told him yes and he well that is too much work i wil move it up some but not that far it would take longer well now it gets pinched between my hip and ribs just sucks where it is but i guess it is better than in the back boy he is lazy.
well my tail bone is stil hurting and he wants nothing to do with the pain even told me to go away and dont come back said he dont know anything about back pain and what he did didnt cause the pain problem weil it is so obvious that it did ya cant believe a word they say....well since then i had a nero surgeon take it out of the tail bone and reinstall in screwing it to the back bone so the nerve is right on the end of the wire but the tail bone pain is getting worse and i dont have a clue as to how to get it fixed. I would try that pain pump i havetalked to people that have had it and liked it especially after they found the right meds for the best pain relief.........well live and learn...Alan
rsdbadfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-26-2012), Rrae (10-16-2011), snowlily (02-09-2013)