View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 04:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There is a proper recipe for 'liquid sinemet' that is used for people who have swallowing difficulties. It ensures that you get the correct amount and that the active ingrediant does not degrade. If anyone knows this, please post. I have forgotten where it comes from. It is for sipping.

I do agree with Peggy on this, we are taking way over the 'right' dose just so that some gets to our brain, and for each of us the absorbtion is is going to be different. This became very evident to me when my PD nurse added entacapone to my regime, having deduced I was way undermedicated. The difference was astonishing to me, and I had to rapidly work out how to get to the best dose for me. This is a process that I think ought to be at least discussed with patients, the three a day paradigm is a one size fits all model, even if the number of tablets is greater than that! So many different factors to work with.... and our brains are sensitive to this stuff. When I have problems I have learned to try a little less, rather than a little more, as my first choice. Right now it is working for me, and I prefer the very slightly undermedicated to being overmedicated and head-charged with a wayward body.
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote