View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am not saying to waive SSDI. He doesn't get his own SSDI. He was disabled before he was 18. I told him to wait tell his 65 and ask not to have a payee then. Then if they say he can be his own payee but would lose his SSDI. He would have SSI to fall back on. The reason SSI becomes income based at age 65. He did work when his was 16, that not enough to get his own SS or SSDI

Anyone can get conned disabled or not. What a foolish choice to you, may not be a foolish choice to me or him. I already let him manage some of the stuff as I said in other postings. Everyone makes bad choices and still do. Should everyone have a payee because they made foolish or bad choices? No. We both still make bad choices. I buy lottery ticket but don't go overboard. That bad choice for some people. I let him have a credit card, that was a bad choice. I made him close it but still owes on it. I did let him open up a wal-mart credit card, I am going to let him keep that even if it gets upgraded to a discover. So, he can have food while he deals with SS & my estate. He has to tell Wal-mart to keep the credit limit at $1,000 & no higher.

The reason to move to Ecuador the cost of living is very cheaper. Social Security(Not ssi). My main concern, I want him to live a better life. Otherwise, I don't think he would be able to handle it. He is already worried with congress trying to cut this. Not to get political, he changed from independent to mostly democrat. This fall may be his first straight party vote. This is how worried his is & can't get good sleep. Which is not healthily. I am worried too. I did tell him, He & I could also move to another country that gives foreigner a living allowance.
gday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote