Thread: Dental Implants
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 09:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I go tomorrow morning to Ohio State to the dental school for an appointment with the faculty clinic. I have two teeth that are broken, 3/4 of them down to the gum, with only one corner sticking up. The tooth behind one of them is SO painful!

My regular dentist sent me to an oral surgeon. He is sending me to OSU. He says I should have a sympathetic block before doing anything with the teeth. My pain doc at Cleveland Clinic agrees. I can have fillings done ok - but having a tooth removed, or possibly a root canal - get a block done first!

My problems are caused by having the RSD in one lower jaw, and also by not having my pain managed. I've tried pain meds, they just don't help. So, I am gritting my teeth all the time, which causes them to fracture and break. It also causes a LOT of pain in my teeth.

The Oral Surgeon said I need to have a custom mouth piece made to wear at night, or when in a lot of pain that will cushion my teeth to prevent damage when I grit them.

I don't know about an implant. I think I would just have the tooth pulled and not have the implant.

I'll try to remember to come back here and let you know what the OSU dentists say about my issues. Perhaps something they say will help you know what to do, or how to approach the RSD during a dental procedure.
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote