View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

He was disabled before 18, so he is eligible for mine, his dad Social Security or survivors if one or both us dies. So he will get SSDI or SSDI survivors but will lose his SSI. I don't think he will get a lot more on money SSDI. neither of US worked enough. That why I told him to wait to 65 to rock the boat. This way if they say he is no longer disabled and can't get SSDI, they can gradually convert him to SSI based on income. Unless congress changes that.

He doesn't get much money on mine. However, I don't think he will get that much more with his dads. Which is at least 10 years away unless he dies.

Just to Note. Our state law, allows beneficiary to choose/approve their payee even for federal benefits.

As soon I get the SSI, SS & mine, almost every penny is spent within 2 weeks. It goes Shelter, Food, Bills. Most bills are due around the 1st. Which I hate. We shouldn't have internet. It keeps my son entertained and me looking for work, which I should be retied. I am working but at a very low paying job. I pay really cheap dial-up. The computer was giving to us. It is easier to pay some bills. For SSI My income doesn't count, since he is over 18. If I got a job that paid over $1000 a month he would lose his SSDI but his SSI would increase tell I turned 66.

Last edited by gday; 10-16-2011 at 11:07 AM.
gday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote