View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 10:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfri1003 View Post
Well it has been aboutn 1 1/2 months since being rear ended. I am definitely better than a month ago. Going to PT 2 -3 times a week for about 3 weeks now. My ROM is much better right to left still issues down and back. Last week the PT did way too much and I was suffering horribly for a few days. Pretty sure we figured out which stretch or exercise was the culprit. I also set myself back for a day when I decided to blow dry my hair. I am a teacher and it was picture day - wanted to look my best. Since I am still having spasms, tingling across my shoulders at times and pain in my lower right back I am going to request an MRI. Still keeping the journal. Yes it does help me look back at how bad the pain was and where I am now. Thankful that it is getting better, but bitter that I am not close to where I was prior to the accident. I was blow drying my hair, carrying laundry and groceries without a problem. Had no problem driving for 3 hours to visit friends or go away for the weekend and sleeping through the night. Hopefully it will continue to get better and the MRI if I have one will show nothing. :0
So glad nothing serious happened because of your accident and you are slowly on the mend. Hopefully your MRI will show nothing and you just need to let your muscles heal some more. You were doing really good before that accident, I'm still not driving for 3 hours without a lot of severe pain and numbness.

I go for another EMG on Tuesday to see how bad the nerve is pinched in my arm, they still believe a second surgery (for a double crush) is needed for my arm, but I really don't want it at this point. So I have some decisions to make regarding my career, whether to be retrained in a different area or muddle through pain and tremoring hands to go back to being a designer. Not sure yet. But I've been going for PT 3 x's a week also, and that seems to be helping me. I've seen some improvement in my neck and my ROM, so I'm pleased to see some results.

Hope you continue to feel better each day....
wishing us both some well deserved healing!!
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote