View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Difficulty breathing and sleeping after taking Gabapentin and Cyclobenzaprine?

So, last night I finally started taking Gabapentin. I took it before bed, as directed for the first dosage and I laid in bed awake for awhile to see how I felt. It kicked in and I felt...HAPPY. So I got up and walked around for a bit...no panic/anxiety attacks, no pain, no symptoms at all. I actually felt normal. But for some reason it had an opposite effect on me as far as making me drowsy, it actually woke me up. So I decided to take a Cyclobenzaprine [Flexeril] to put me to bed. I laid down again and I was RESTLESS and I was having trouble breathing. I was up till about 4am last night... Could I be allergic to Gabapentin? Could it be because I mixed the 2 drugs? I wasn't having trouble breathing when it first kicked it, before I took the Cyclo... I've never had trouble breathing or sleeping after taking Cyclobenzaprine so I know I'm not allergic to that... Should I try taking a Gabapentin by itself during the day today and see how it makes me feel, and take the muscle relaxer before bed? Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

I called the last doctor I seen and left a message so I can ask what she thinks about it, but haven't got a call back yet.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote