Thread: Groceries
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 01:55 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

What a great story, Blessings. It reminds me of how I used to like to grocery shop with my little coupons and plan my little meals, keeping my DH's and children's favorite foods/dishes in mind... and mine too.

Even after MS began to take it's toll on my strength and agility, I still looked forward to it.....in my minivan, with my scooter. It was fun.. The grocery boy/girl packed all my groceries so that any one bag was not tot heavy for me and placed them in my car, in the passenger seat for me, which made it easier for me when getting home.

Ah yes getting into the house with all the groceries. I had a plan...sat in my van, in the garage, next to the three stairs going into the kitchen. Took sacks and set them, one at a time on the garage floor, next to the steps. Then I exited my van and used my walker to get over to the hand bar, held on with one hand and, with the other hand, lifted all the bags up to the landing and then slid them in on the kitchen floor. Put refridgerated things away and flopped into my indoor scooter, traveled to couch and.

The rest of the groceries got put away, whenever. I didn't have the energy to cook on grocery day, so usually bought that meal already to heat and eat.

Now that I don't walk or drive, Schwans does all my shopping, putting away, preparing and ready for me to heat and eat.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (10-16-2011), ewizabeth (10-16-2011)