View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 03:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwsmith1984 View Post
Well, I usually have trouble sleeping at night because I'm very tense and my nerves are on edge [I've got 2 kids, 4 month old and 18 month boys that I deal with all day]. When I take the Cyclobenzaprine, it relaxes my muscles and calms my nerves so it helps me fall asleep.

Thanks for the information on mixing the two drugs being known to cause respiratory depressant effects. That could be the problem... My concern is, after tomorrow I'm supposed to take the Gabapentin 3 times a day, and I'm prescribed Cyclobenzaprine 2 times a day...How can I work it out where I'm not taking them at the same time?
I would talk to your doctor about maybe switching to something for anxiety to calm your nerves. There are so many better drugs you could take. Flexeril during the day will wipe u out and make your fatigue so much worse. Other options might include... elavil (amitriptyline), temazepam (restoril....helps with sleep and anxiety), alprazolam (xanax). Of course, ask your doctor what would work best and wont interfere with the gabapentin.
Suffered a TBI with PCS on April 25th 2011 from multiple blows to the head from falling, unconscious for 12 hours with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension, icepicks), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.
Began Healing in November 2011 after starting acupuncture and Healing Touch (a nurturing energy therapy that promotes relaxation and pain relief). I went back to work in February 2012. Ive been symptom free since July 2012. Very happy, positive, energetic and working out every day, doing yoga, and living a normal life again!
I also began taking Healing Touch classes in November 2011 and completed 5 Levels of Healing Touch Certificate Program that included a 1 year mentorship to become a Healing Touch International Practitioner in June 2013. I am so pleased to offer this wonderful healing therapy to my patients, friends, and clients.
nightnurse30 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote