View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 04:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

In fact, I have him do the grocery shopping if you read my post. He does fine. He gets some stuff he shouldn't at time but everyone does that including me. I don't need a payee. I do let him help my with bills. He does great with that. He used online banking & likes that. He also likes to pay bills by using the phone automated system. I let him use a debit card or ach to pay the bills. Yes, I trust him with our finances.

My point is no one really needs a payee these day except for those who want it or who have guardians. The reason, Debit cards, online bill pay & automated phone pay (ACH or debit card) are very easy. Some stores will print out what left if it is a prepaid debit card. I told him to complain to his congress office, if they still say he needs a payee after I am gone & he is over 65. They can work the red-tape. He does have a hard time writing checks but he can do it if take his time.

Me & My son got to talking. By having a payee it does violate a person constitutional right to have a choice. A payee takes that right away. Any beneficiary should of a right to mess up like anyone else. SSDI doesn't care what you spend it for. SSI does if you are disabled. We watch Cspan a lot.
gday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote