View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 05:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk....

I'd suggest you do this on an empty stomach, because most of the B12 is swallowed in your saliva. It will be absorbed in the intestine if no food is there to compete with it.

Taking a B-50 is a good idea, if you suspect B6 deficiency...
Sound sensitivity is one sign of low B6.

Magnesium is good too, because it is calming, and most people need it anyway.

Did you have testing? What were your test results in numbers?
I actually take B12 on an empty stomach in the morning, and again right after each meal, because it is the only way I can survive eating. I've never had so many "allergic" reactions to eating anything at all. But maybe I should reverse that process, thank you so much!

Is there a way to overdose on B6 taking one tablet of B-50 complex a day? I've been trying to increase most of these with diet, but it's just not working for me now.

My results were borderline deficient 10 months ago, but apparently 260 is too high for them to care. The symptoms began 13 months ago, but because of my high folic acid intake, I believe they were masked for a while before. My insurance and other financial problems prevented me from visiting a doctor meanwhile. However, this has now been fixed, and the doctor I saw recently merely sent me off to a neurologist because my levels 10 months ago were "normal." I'm not sure, maybe they could be right and this is something else, so I should see the neurologist anyway.
NerveEndings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote