View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gday View Post
Me & him don't want to jeopardized tell his 65 for his own protection. By your thinking in post 44 everyone should have a payee. I know a lot people who don't have food on the shelves or pay their rent or pay their mortgage or pay their credit card or pay their bills on time and and they are not disabled. He has read this thread. I didn't say I completely against a payee either. Just for those who want one or court ordered guardian.
Is your son capable of asking these questions for himself?

If so, then he should. He can post them here. He can go elsewhere on the internet. He can find a free, local Social Security advocate. He can hire an attorney.

If he is not capable of participating in this discussion for himself, then he very likely needs a Representaive payee. He might be more or less capable when he turns 65. If he's over 55 and never worked as an adult, the odds of him losing his SSD, simply for requesting to handle his own finances are pretty small.

Regardless, he needs to ask his doc if he'd be supportive of such a change. Additional psych testing might be required for his doctor to make that decision.

Janke is incredibly knowledgeable about SSI and SSDI. Lefthanded is as well. Their interpretations of the rules and regulations of Social Security Disability are based on the law, not on their personal opinions. I can not state strongly enough how much I respect both of them.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Janke (10-16-2011)