View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

wtrpk,

I would suggest trying to find a Physical therapist with good skills in myofacial release. It has some relation to the trigger point issues gary mentioned by the therapist has far more training than a simple massage therapist. Many massage therapists tend to over state their skill set.

If you can find a PT who works in a PT clinic that has a specialty in spine and cervical issues, that would be great. As I mentioned in another post, some of the new spinal traction machines can carefully measure the forces applied.

I saw my PT last Thursday for neck issues. I was a mess. One session and I am much better. Just myofacial release treatments. No range of motion or stretching treatments. I see her again next week after allowing my neck to settle down.

Hope you can find a good MR PT. They are worth their weight in gold.

btw, a nerve conduction test (EMG) will just show if there is a nerve blockage in your arm or if it is higher up. An expensive and sometimes uncomfortable test just to rule out carpal tunnel syndrome or a elbow or such nerve impingement. I have had two different nerve conduction tests. One with long needles and one without. Both were pricey.

My money is on your neck.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 10-17-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote