View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 01:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Been there, had that! Not fun!

Stinging and sensitivity so bad at one point I had to wrap my penis in gauze to prevent it from touching anything. It would come and go. Definitely nerve pain. It sometimes hurt in the scrutom area too. An urologist gave me pills that turned my urine blue. Can't recall the name. It helped a lot. However, soon after one episode, I developed an all over PN. Probably unrelated but who knows. The penis problem went away on it's own eventually.
All tests were negative so some of my Drs thought it was in my head. I went to three different urologists, including one at Mayo. No real help. The Mayo one said my weight was the problem. I was pressing on my testicles when I sat and that was causing the symptoms. Personally, I think urologists, because they are all surgeons, are uninterested in any problem that does not involve surgery. That's my opinion and the unsolicited opinion of my internist. I hate to be so negative about Drs, but the truth is they know a lot less than they will admit. That is particularly true of Neurologists when it comes to understanding pain and how devastating it can be. I guess they see so many people in pain that they become numb to it and their patients.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote